- Combustion (micro and conventional scales)
- Laser diagnostics (conventional and micro)
- Compact power systems, and fuel cells.
- B.S., Cornell University (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.A., Cornell University (History)
- M.S., University of California, Los Angeles (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles (Mechanical Engineering)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Physical Society (APS)
- The Combustion Institute
- International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
- Reviewer for scholarly publications: Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Journal of Propulsion and Power, Combustion and Flame, Combustion Theory and Modeling, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Micro-Electronic Engineering, AIAA Journal of Thermophysics, AICHE Journal, Chemical Engineering Science, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, International Journal of Alternative Propulsion, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- Reviewer for government funding agencies: National Science Foundation, Army Research Office, US Air Force, American Society of Engineering Education, National Research Council of Canada, Dutch Technology Foundation STW
- Secretary and Treasurer of AIAA Propellants and Combustion Technical Committee, 2004 – present
- 2001 International Semiconductor Device Research Symposium, Washington DC, 2001.
- NASA Thermo-Fluids Analysis Workshop, College Park, MD August 7-11, 2006.
- AFOSR Space Propulsion Contractors Meeting, Annapolis MD, September 25-29, 2006.
- AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference (Propellants and Combustion Sessions), Denver, CO, August 2009.