Davis, Christopher C.
- Free space optical and directional RF communication systems
- Atmospheric turbulence
- Advanced surveillance systems
- Chemical and biological sensors
- Optical systems
- RF dosimetry.
- B.A. Degree (with Honors) in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge in 1965
- M.A. Degree from the University of Cambridge in 1970
- Ph.D. Degree in Physics from the University of Manchester in 1970.
Honors and Awards
- University of Maryland Invention of the Year Award in Information Science (2000)
Technology Education Award of Distinction awarded by the Technology Education Association of Maryland (1994)
- Fellow of IEEE (1993)
- NASA Certificate of Recognition for Fiber Injection Locked Broad Area Laser (1992)
- AT&T/ASEE Award for Excellence in Engineering Education (1990)
- Distinguished Scholar-Teacher Award, University of Maryland (1989-1990)
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics (1989)
- NSF Creativity Award (1983)
- S.E.R.C. Senior Visiting Fellow, University of Cambridge (1982)
- George Corcoran Award, ECE Department, University of Maryland (1978)