- Design of LED-based lighting system, Mechanical design of photonics and microelectronics devices
- Hermeticity of MEMS devices
- Moisture and gas diffusion in flexible electronics
- Experimental micro and nanomechanics (optical methods and methodologies)
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1991
Honors and Awards
- IBM Excellence Award - for Outstanding Technical Achievements, 1994.
- Brewer Award - Outstanding Experimental Stress Analyst, Society for Experimental Mechanics, 2001.
- Gold Award (the best paper in the Analysis and Simulation session) - The 1st Samsung Technical Conference, November 9-12, 2004.
- 2004 Best Paper Award - IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, 2005.
- Fellow - Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), 2006.
- 2004 Associate Editor of the Year Award - ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, 2006.
- Fellow - American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2007.
- Associate Editor, ASME Transactions, Journal of Electronic Packaging (2004-present)
- Member of International Editorial Board, Journal of Experimental Mechanics, (2005–)
- Associate Editor, Experimental Mechanics (2001-2004)
- Executive Board Member, Society for Experimental Mechanics (1997-1999)
- Member of the Organizing Committee, The 7th International Conference on Advanced Technology in Experimental Mechanics (ATEM'07)
- Member of the Scientific Committee, CompTest 2008
- Member of the Scientific Committee, Photomechanics 2008
- Member of the Organizing Committee, the 10th International Conference on Advanced Technology in Experimental Mechanics (ATEM'11), Kobe, Japan, 2011
- Member of the Technical Committee, the 2010 International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology and High Density Packaging (ICEPT-HDP 2010), Xi’an, China, August 2010