- Fluid mechanics and experimental techniques, specifically in the topics of multi-phase flows, particle/turbulence interaction, and turbulent mixing in complex geometries.
- Current project topics include applying Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) to the suspension of sediment in turbulent channel flows, air entrainment by plunging liquid jets, fundamental dynamics of spray cooling for electronic applications, and the effects of turbulent mixing on safety issues within Pressurized Water Reactors of nuclear power plants.
- Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, 1995
Honors and Awards
- National Science Foundation CAREER Initiation Award, 1997.
- Reviewer for National Science Foundation
- Referee for the Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Physics of Fluids, ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Experiments in Fluids, International Journal of Multiphase Flow
- Experimental Thermal and Fluid Sciences
- Organizing Committee for the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics Annual Meeting, Washington, DC (2000)