- Mechanics of the micro/nano structures in flexible macroelectronics and nanoelectronics
- Mechanics of low-dimensional carbon materials (graphene, CNTs, CNSs)
- Deformation instability of thin films and multilayers
- Biomechanics of membrane and cytoskeleton in cells
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 2006
Honors and Awards
- The Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award (2007)
- Best Poster Award, Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Thin film & Small Scale Mechanical Behavior, 2006.
- Poster Award, Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Ceramics, Solid State Studies In, 2005.
- Outstanding Poster Award, Materials Research Society (MRS), 16 out of 1700+ posters, 2004.
- Best Poster Award (Runner-up),Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Thin film & Small Scale Mechanical Behavior, 2004.
- Founder and Editor of www.macroelectronics.org (link is external), an interactive information platform for the emerging field of flexible macroelectronics
- One of the two architects of www.imechanica.org (link is external), an online international community of Mechanics and Mechanicians
- Member, Technical Committee on Integrated Structures, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Reviewer: Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Scripta Materialia, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, AIAA Journal, International Journal of Fracture, MRS Proceedings